CSG TORCH RUN BEGINS MONDAY
Virtual Format Includes 93 Counties Divided Into Four Regions
May 21, 2021
LINCOLN, Neb. (May 21, 2021) — The Cornhusker State Games (CSG) Torch Run begins Monday, May 24 with runners from 11 Nebraska panhandle counties participating locally by running at least one mile in their county and submitting a photo. It is free to participate, and all registered runners receive a free shirt and entry into daily, regional, and grand prize drawings.
The 2021 virtual format features four regions, each with a two-week window for runners to complete their mile. Region 1 consists of the 11 panhandle counties and runs May 24-June 6. Region 2 encompasses 25 west-central counties from June 7-June 20. East-central counties run June 21-July 4 and eastern counties July 5-18.
Currently, more than 300 runners are registered, representing 77 counties, including all counties in Region 1. Runners can view the map and register at: CSGTorchRun.
Major Torch Run prizes up for grabs include one overall grand prize, a $250 Scheels gift card; four $100 top regional prizes, and daily gift-card and free-entry certificates throughout the eight weeks. Prize winners and runner photos will be posted daily on the CSG Torch Run Facebook Page.
The CSG Torch Run serves as an annual precursor to the Cornhusker State Games, a multi-sport festival for athletes of all ages/abilities scheduled for July 16-25 in Lincoln, Omaha, Kearney, Columbus, Grand Island and other Nebraska communities. Learn more at CornhuskerStateGames.com.
Breakdown of key 2021 Torch Run elements:
- Dates: May 24 – July 18 with counties divided into four regions, each with a twoweek timeframe working from western to eastern Nebraska
- Location: Safe mile(s) in runner’s home county
- Eligibility: Nebraska runners of all ages/abilities who can run at least a mile and post a photo or video using #CSGTorch2021
- Perks: free shirt, daily prize drawing, state pride, social media recognition, fitness and fun
- Goals: Spread State Games Spirit, all 93 counties represented, average 15 runners and 40 miles per county for totals of 1,400 and 3,800, respectively
- Optional: Runners are encouraged to carry a meaningful or possibly humorous (small/safe/no flame) object to symbolize “their torch” and/or dedicate their run using #MyTorch21
- Donations: While it is free to participate, runners are asked to consider a taxdeductible donation
The Cornhusker State Games Torch Run is sponsored by the Nebraska Chiropractic Physicians Association (NCPA). Contributing partners include Black Hills Energy, Honda of Lincoln and Revolution Wraps.
June 4, 2021 - Cornhusker State Games (CSG) Officials have announced details of its in-person Torch Run routes beginning with a 23-mile leg into Sidney on Friday, June 11 Read more...
May 21, 2021 - The Cornhusker State Games (CSG) Torch Run begins Monday, May 24 with runners from 11 Nebraska panhandle counties Read more...
May 19, 2021 - Nebraska Sports Council (NSC) officials announced today that Frank Wilber, CEO of Liberty First Credit Union, a long-time sponsor of the Cornhusker State Games (CSG), will serve as the Honorary Chairman of the 2021 Games Read more...
May 14, 2021 - "Nebraska Sports Council (NSC) officials announced today that the organization has partnered with News Channel Nebraska (NCN), Read more...
April 30, 2021- "The definition of a tribute refers to a statement or actions honoring someone or something,” said longtime Nebraska Sports Council Board member JoAnne Owens-Nausler at the Council’s Board meeting last night Read more...
April 28, 2021 - Organizers of the WellPower Movement, in observance of Mental Health Awareness month, are encouraging Nebraskans to focus on their mental wellbeing throughout the month of May Read more..
April 23, 2021 - The Columbus Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) and the Columbus Area Sports and Activities Council (CASAC) in conjunction with the Cornhusker State Games Read more...